Media forum gives students an insight into real world journalism

The+panelists+laugh+playfully+as+they+answer+Poe%27s+question.+They+then+provide+Poe+with+tips+for+his+vlog.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The panelists laugh playfully as they answer Poe's question. They then provide Poe with tips for his vlog.

photo by Madie Miller

photo by Madie Miller

photo by Madie Miller

Madie Miller, Copy Editor

photo by Madie Miller
East Highlights panelist representative Alondra Lavariega, class of 2018, explains to the audience about when she used an anonymous source in her article about DACA as Shannon Kelley, WIFR, listens intently.

photo by Madie Miller
Earl Dotson Jr., Chief of Communications Officer for RPS, addresses the crowds question about the hardest thing he has ever faced during his career as Kevin Haas, Rockford Register Star reporter, listens.

photo by Madie Miller
Riley Rosser, class of 2018, introduces himself to the crowd and the panelists as the moderator of the panel. Brandon Kuri (not pictured), class of 2018, moderated the crowd.

photo by Madie Miller
Robert Poe, class of 2019, asks the panelists for tips on how to be a better vlogger. He tells the panelists about his most recent video, which is about him playing Fortnite, and his girlfriend.

photo by Madie Miller
The panelists laugh playfully as they answer Poe’s question. They then provide Poe with tips for his vlog.