Things to know before entering sophomore year Part II (what to do)

Adriana Sanchez

Since you’re not a freshman anymore, you’re probably wondering what sophomore year is like. In today’s post, I will be writing a list about what you shouldn’t do during your sophomore year.

1. Have good grades – Now that you’re a sophomore you really have to take your grades seriously. This year and junior year are the years that college really looks at your grades. To say the least, this is the year academics really start to matter.

2. Think about driving prep – Now that your about to be sixteen or already sixteen, this is the year that you can start learning how to drive. It may be hard, but in the end, it has a great benefit.

3. Don’t try and impress people – You’re at school to get a education, not to be popular or to look good for people that doesn’t even matter. Look good for yourself dress how you want to dress. Don’t try to be someone that you’re not.

4. Sports – This year would be a good way to start on sports or clubs so you can be in that sport/club for the rest of high school. Plus, it will look good on your resume. It may be tough trying to get good grades, social life, homework and a sport/club but this way you can make new friends and have great memories that will last forever.

5. Last, but definitely not least: be calm – Everything may seem like it’s never gonna get better, but it can only get like that if you let it. If anything, try and think positive even if the worst things come at you. High school has its ups and downs and that’s part of it. Just try and remain calm. Find something that you’re passionate about and focus on it. Don’t give up.