• March 6March 24 - April 2 - Spring Break

East choir to host their Renaissance Madrigal Dinner

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo provided by Maggie Miller

Photo provided by Maggie Miller

Photo provided by Maggie Miller

Photo provided by Maggie Miller

On Dec. 6-8, the East choir will be hosting their annual Renaissance Madrigal Dinner.

What is a Madrigal Dinner you may ask?

“A Madrigal Dinner is a reenactment of a traditional feast that would have taken place in the English Renaissance time period.   There is music, food, and a play to entertain the audience.  Members of the cast dress in Renaissance costumes, and our version is meant to also celebrate the holiday season,” said Melissa Mondello, East choir teacher.

The dinner will take place at the First Evangelical Covenant Church, and doors will open at 6 p.m. with the performance beginning at 6:30 p.m. The performance is expected to end around 8 p.m.

The cost is $25.00 dollars per seat and includes a full meal and, of course, entertainment.

Payments can be made in the main office to Ronda Paneer with the reservation form. The money raised from this event will go towards the funding of future Madrigal Dinners. In past years, the money raised has allowed the choir to buy costumes, decorations, props, rights to the play, music, rental of the performance space and many more things.

“The event is open to anyone, but they need to make a reservation and pay by November 30,” said Mondello.

Food will be served buffet style, and the menu is included in the reservation form.

“I encourage people to go to the Madrigal Dinner because we take a lot of time from August to December working on our music and learning our lines. I think it really showcases what we do in our class and it just represents who we are,” said Maggie Miller, choir member.