Just the beginning: a quick snapshot of my future

Chastity Myers, Reporter

This school year has been so much fun, and I hope it continues to be amazing. I’ve met so many awesome people, and I’ve already learned so much from myself and others.Through the year so far, I have had struggles and challenges personally and academically, but those things made me a better student and person. I’m grateful for that.

I know this is just the start, and after high school I plan on going to college in Rockford or to Aurora University.  After I finish schooling, I want to become an elementary school teacher, but I’m really not sure what  grade level yet. The reason why I want to be a teacher is because I believe that every child should have an education and be able to learn and  grow to find their place in this world that’s full of different kinds of people.  Also, I would love to travel the world; I really thought about going to London or Tokyo because I’ve never been out  the of United States before, and it would give me the opportunity to see a different culture.

I know the people in my life are here to help me and watch me become a beautiful and independent young woman as I begin to unfold the next chapters of my life. I’m  really excited to see what else I have to look forward to this year, and I know this is just the beginning of my crazy journey called life.