• March 6March 24 - April 2 - Spring Break

Review on Carter V album by: Lil Wayne

Estrella Carmona, Entertainment editor

The legend Lil Wayne has made more than 10 Albums. He has been iconic for less than 2 decades. Lil Wayne has made an addition to his Carter Albums. He was previously made Carter, Carter II, Carter III, and Carter IV. His New album is called Carter V which shocked people because he took his time on this album, and finally released it 7 years later.

Carter V includes features by Swizz Beatz, Travis Scott, Niki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dog, Nivea, Ashanti, Mack Maine, Sossaman, Reginae Carter, and Xxxtentacion. He has involved these artist’s because over the years he has been working on the album. People most got shocked by his song Don’t Cry featuring Xxxtentacion. In the summer of 2018 the tragedy of X’s death impacted many people. For Lil Wayne to have X on his album is a blessing for some, because they dearly miss X deeply.

Carter V has 23 songs. These songs include; I love you Dwayne, Don’t Cry, Dedicate, Uproar, Let It Fly, Can’t Be Broken, Dark Side Of The Moon, Mona Lisa, What About Me, Open Letter, Famous, Problems, Dope, Hittas, Took His Tme, Open Safe, Start This Off Right, Demon, Mess, Dope New Gospal, Perfect Strangers, used 2, and Let It All Work Out. The tone to the songs is serious, and emotional. Lil Wayne truly put is emotions in this album, because he has a lot of life experiences. My personal favorite song by Lil Wayne Is Don’t Cry, because the song is talking about how he loves his gf. It also states how he don’t want her to cry for him because he loves her.

About the Writer
Estrella Carmona, Entertainment Editor

"Newspaper lets me practice my hard and soft news formats. My goal this year is to focus on what needs to be done. I want to accomplish whatever I can."