• March 6March 24 - April 2 - Spring Break

Review on Skins (Explicit) by xxxTentacion

Eliza Contreras, Opinions Editor

SKINS (Explicit). About almost everyone has heard of xxxTentacion at least once regardless if it was when he dropped many great albums and songs or the time that he tragically died.  Well xxxTentacions actual name is Jahseh Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy and he passed away June 18, 2018 at only 20 years old. Recently, on December 7, 2018 Ghazi Shami, founder and CEO of EMPIRE which also handled the release of xxxtentacions album “17” dropped the album “Skins”. Skins was one of the many projects xxx was working on before he passed away. It contains ten very different kinds of songs. It starts off with the introduction then it goes to Guardian Angel, Train Food, Whoa (mind in awe), BAD!, STARING AT THE SKY, One Minute ft Kanye West, differences (interlude), I don’t let go, and finally ending with what are you so afraid of.

In my opinion, some of the songs on the album aren’t something I personally would listen to. For example, his song “One Minute” featuring Kanye West is one of the songs that have too much of screaming lyrics for me. I prefer more songs like “whoa (mind in awe)” or “what are you so afraid of” because those are songs that you could drive around listening to and feel nothing, but peace. And when I listen to those songs I can actually listen to his lyrics and get to understand where he’s coming from. Plus those are the kinds of songs that I’m personally able to relate to so when I listen to them it makes me feel better since it shows me there are other people out there feeling the same way I do.

About the Writer
Eliza Contreras, Opinions Editor

"Newspaper gives me a chance to keep up with current events here at East. My goal for this year is to become a better writer."