• March 6March 24 - April 2 - Spring Break

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Tabitha Yoakum, Reporter

The only movie thus far to come out that gives you control over how it ends and over the main character’s decisions, Black Mirror: Bandersnatch has arrived. This movie encircles a choose your own adventure book and bases part of the story line around it. You only have a short amount of time to make your choice for his reactions and it has over 10 different endings and scenarios to choose between, all are very dark for the main character, Stefan Butler. He is emotionally unstable by the very beginning to the end of the movie and is very stressed about making his game by the due date. Bandersnatch runs for on an hour and a half, but with the choices, it feels as though you can delay that timed end. The movie is currently on Netflix and is even facing a major lawsuit from the company, Chooseco L.L.C., according to MarketWatch.com, who makes the “Choose Your Own Adventure” books and wants $25 million. On to my actual review of it, I thought the movie had an amazing concept and the choices that can be made let me feel as though I was making the character who he was.  You don’t have complete control of his actions, and he always ends up going insane or dealing with disappointment. All in all, I recommend watching it to have that experience first hand.

About the Writer
Tabitha Yoakum, Communications Director

"Newspaper helps me spread awareness on a lot of topics related to East that others may not know about. My goal this year is to spread important topics...