End Of The Year Information For Seniors

Makaila Mathews & Jailah Campbell, Broadcast Editor

Seniors have many questions as end of the year festivities are around the corner; prom tickets sales start May 29th, tickets are $40 each and can be purchased in the financial office. When purchasing a ticket you must provide your current student ID and an approval form if you’re buying a guest’s ticket. Tickets are only going to be sold this week and the last day to buy them is May 2, during sixth hour. Also on May 2, a senior meeting will be held during second hour in the auditorium at 9:15. Here students will learn about graduation rehearsals, how many tickets each student will receive for graduation, and more. Saturday, May 4 is the annual Paint the Dam event that will be held at Reuben Aldeen Park on South Alpine road from 12:00-2:00pm. All paint used must be water based or latex.  Absolutely no enamels, oil based or spray paints are to be used. No paint can get in the grass and all trash must be taken with you and disposed of on your own as there are no trash cans or dumpsters provided. The following week is the highly anticipated  Senior Spirit week, the themes are as follows; Monday is Paint the Dam Day, Tuesday is Tacky Tourist Day, Wednesday is Meme/Character Day, Thursday is Senior Citizens Day and Friday is Senior Dress Up Day. This year’s Prom will be held on May 11 at Mauh-Nah-Tee-See Country Club from 6:00-11:00 pm. A pasta buffet as well as desserts from Nothing Bundt Cakes will be provided so there’s no need to make dinner reservations. Seniors last day is May 17. Finally, graduation will be held at Rock Valley College on May 29 at 7:00 pm.