• March 6March 24 - April 2 - Spring Break

“Logan” movie review

The last installment of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine

Sam Paraggua, Digital Editor

After seven movies featuring Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine, Jackman finally says goodbye to the character in Logan.

The film’s main premise is about Logan traveling with Professor X (Patrick Stewart) and a young girl named Laura (Dafne Keen). Although hesitant at first, Logan decides to take Laura to a safe house called Eden. Yet, as their journey begins, Logan learns that Laura has similar abilities as him, which created a new dynamic among the three characters. With two “wolverines,” the movie was bound to be action-packed.

With Logan being the last Wolverine movie for possibly a long time, many fans had high expectations for the film and based on ratings such as 4 out of 5 from Common Sense Media and a 92 percent from Rotten Tomatoes, more hype was created.

The R-Rated movie contained bloody fighting scenes, whether it was Laura on a raging rampage, or Logan fighting off another mutant. Even with all the blood, the “father-daughter” duo created heart-warming moments as well as crazy fighting combos.

As the movie goes on, there are moments many fans may not expect and will make they go “Whoa, that did not just happen,” even if it was good or bad for the plot. The ending may have already been spoiled or can be easily predicted by others, but by the time the end credits start rolling, viewers were sitting still in disbelief after enduring the two hour and twenty-one minute movie. Overall, the movie gets an easy 5 out of 5 stars.